The history of this funeral home spans more than 100 years. Founded on January 1, 1899 by William A. Fisher and Charles Thompson. In 1901, Mr. Thompson and his wife, the former Etta Peterson, moved to Connersville, Indiana to establish their own funeral home.
For three generations, the Fisher family operated the Fisher Funeral Home. The original funeral home was located on Main Street. This building still stands and is currently used for apartments. On July 25, 1946, the funeral home moved to it's present location at 55 West Springfield Street.
In 1975, after deaths and ill health, Donald K. Anderson of Greenfield, Ohio bought a controlling interest in the Fisher firm. Mr. Anderson had worked as the embalmer for the Fisher's since the late 1950's. Along with L. Clark Fisher and Gladys Fisher, Donald operated the funeral home until 1987 when both of the Fisher's died just a few days apart.
On October 1, 1987, Donald Anderson and William D. Ebright formed a partnership to operate the funeral home. Don and Bill managed the funeral home as a partnership until June 30, 1999. Mr. Ebright assumed sole ownership at that time and continued to operate under the name of Fisher-Anderson-Ebright Funeral Home.
Ebright Funeral Home was incorporated on August 1, 2001. In 2004, the funeral home underwent a major renovation project adding a new chapel, foyer and service area while still maintaining the beauty of the former Tootle residence.